The fact that the surgery cannot take place on May 24th has shocked many people. I got a lot of messages from you. I admit that we are stressed that we have to wait longer for treatment in Spain. Today a few additional words of explanation in connection with the news:
- The neurosurgeons from Barcelona decided to postpone the surgery. The cause is an inflammation, which must be treated.
- The risk of surgery in Alicia`s condition outweighed the risk of postponing the surgery.
- The next date of surgery has not been set yet, doctors are waiting for completing treatment of current infections.
- Alicia got an antibiotic, but it did not completely removed the infection.
- We are currently waiting for specialist treatment in the hospital.
- Before Alicia receives treatment, additional precautions must be taken for a different condition.
- Dr Gilete promised that he would carry out a surgery as soon as possible.
The LifeforAlicia Gofundme fundraising is being continued and its duration has been extended.
You also ask how Alicia feels. Unfortunately, due to infections and after recent medical tests, she feels much worse. Every effort, even a small activity, exacerbates symptoms. The most troublesome are breathing problems. We got recommendations from Dr Gilete and we can only wait, although I know it is dangerous and I’m terrified of the next weeks. I believe that Alicia will receive necessary treatment as soon as possible and she will regain her strength and life.
Thank you all for your support and donations, for sharing what you have!!!! Thanks to your generosity, Alicia`s Gofundme account already has over 2000 pounds (out of 40.000).
We still need a lot of money so I am still asking for your help in promoting the fundraising. We are grateful for the help and commitment of so many people! Family, friends, acquaintances and many strangers support us in this difficult and painful time! You are loved!
Thank you for your donations. You can help us here – www.gofundme.com/liferoralicia.
Alicia is on the edge and needs your help now. She suffers from rare diseases and is going to have life-saving surgery. We also need to raise funds for additional costs related to a neurological surgery in Spain and further medical tests for EDS, POTS and MCAS. Please, help us to Save Alicia`s Life