The fact that the neurological surgery cannot take place on May 24th has shocked many people. I got a lot of messages from you. I admit that I am stressed that we have to wait longer for treatment in Spain. Today a few additional words of explanation:
- The neurologists from Barcelona decided to postpone the surgery, the cause is inflammation, which must be cured
- The risk of surgery in this condition outweighed the risk of postponing the operation
- The next date of surgery has not yet been set, doctors are waiting for a complete cure of current infections
- Alicia got an antibiotic, but it did not completely remove the infection, we are currently waiting for specialist treatment in the hospital
- Before Alice receives treatment, additional precautions must be taken for a different condition
- We can not speed it up, we are waiting for a letter from the hospital, the referral was sent as urgent
- Dr. Gilete has promised to conduct a surgery as soon as possible
The fundraising is continued and will be extended, I am in touch with representatives of the foundation and I keep you up to date on our situation.
You also ask how does Alicia feel. Unfortunately, due to infections and after recent research, necessary trips, she feels worse. Every effort, even a small activity, exacerbate symptoms. The most troublesome are breathing problems. We got a recommendation from Dr. Gilete and we can only wait, although I know it is dangerous and I’m terrified of the next weeks. I believe that Alicia will receive necessary treatment for a time that she will regain her strength and old life.
Thank you all for your support, thank you for your donations, for sharing what you have !!!! We are grateful for the help and commitment of so many people! Family, friends, acquaintances and many strangers support us in this difficult and painful time! Thanks to your generosity. Still, a lot missing so I am still asking for help in promoting the collection. We’re fighting!